News

Books

About

Discuss

Video

Resources

Contact

Click here to receive updates on new projects, contests or free downloads.

Discussions : Waiting for Autumn Book Group Discussion

Waiting for Autumn Book Group Discussion
46 Messages
Post Message

Victor Valdez
2010/09/10 2:22 PM

I finished reading Waiting for Autumn last night. I put myself to sleep by recounting the path of Scott in the book to see how much I could remember. I pretty much checked off all of the spiritual modalities that he encountered. There were several that I have experienced myself.
In the morning I was able to relate a dream I had with Scott's ancestor in his dreams. I didn't dream of a distant forebear, but my father came to me. I was asleep in my dream and my father woke me by kissing me. I awoke and learned from him that he was going to be let go from his job and would be needing to find another. It felt so real that I was trying to figure out how to help him in his need. My oldest brother also got into the act of offeriog advice. It was at that point that I came to full consciousness and realized that I was dreaming. My father had already passed on in 2003.
But then I smiled after recalling the reading of the night before. Perhaps, my dad could be my spirit guide just like Scott's great grandfather. Somewhere in all of this a new dream job is in order for myself and/or my dad.

Stacie
2010/01/17 11:01 AM

A holiday gift to me from my daughter, Waiting for Autumn has brought my soul's emotions to my awareness in a way unlike any other. The tears continue to come ... and I wonder the meaning of our crossed paths.

Continue the magic and grace. I will be waiting ...

Danielle
2009/12/21 08:27 AM

I'm not much of a reader. My sister lent this book to me & told me to read it, & I told her it takes me a while to finish books because I could never really get into them. However, I started reading Waiting For Autumn late one evening, & did not put it down (OR SLEEP) until 11 AM the next morning. I was literally up all night reading it. I tried putting it down so I could finally get some sleep, but I could not sleep because I was too curious as to what was going on in the next chapter. I laughed, cried, felt inspired, learned many things, got "truth bumps," & am eternally grateful for such an amazing book. Thank you for writing & sharing, Scott. Looking forward to more books from you.

Sandy Collins
2009/10/27 7:47 PM

I am so excited and moved by your book....must have more. Love and Thanks.

Mildred
2009/10/06 11:11 AM

That was the most beautiful story I have ever read in my life. It was so wonderful and awesome. Please tell me if that was real or imagined.

dave
2009/10/01 8:56 PM

Awesome book! Read the first three free chapters online and bought the book and finished it that same day. Lots of neat stuff in that book. I wonder if any of it is real. I loved it.

Nadia
2009/09/29 6:47 PM

I found this book by picking out several randomly at my beautiful library (while most libraries are becoming non-excistant my town restored and expanded ours (Crandal Library Glens Falls N.Y.)-Thanks for the wonderful book It was very calming and helpful to my spiritual journey. After reading it my sister gave my daughter a heavy iron-like dragon fly just like the one on the cover- not knowing anything about the book- my daughter is such a gift to me even though I had her when I was single and seventeen- it was a great struggle but she is thirteen now and I'm so thankful she choose me- even if I was not the most equiped at the time-she saved me!!!! I'm glad your book found me.

George Bogle
2009/09/22 5:25 PM

Very much a "Soul" uplifting book. It definitely reveals the "inner" workings
of our Spirit.
Tis a great book for everyone to read that is on a "Spiritual" Journey in this Life. Once the reading is started it is a book that is hard to put down and is very refreshing and may bring about much "Insight".
This book is difinitely a "Winner".

Francesca
2009/09/12 7:10 PM

Soul warming heart moving experience , truly magical.. Cant wait for more .. Thankyou for sharing your gift and your growth..

Quite strange, well not really (smile) I had been to the Concious Living Expo the day I bought "Waiting for Autumn" ..

That afternoon "Fathers Day" to be exact we decided to venture further and head into Fremantle a favorite place of mine here in Western Australia. A place where people stop listen and watch life instead of rushing through it..

We were just meandering in and out of markets and book shops.. Naturally heading straight to the self help section(as they call it here ) it was then that I saw your book.. "Ah ive been wanting to read this book" I said to my freind, then thought nothing of it and continued our delighful day..

Later that night as I began to read, I realised id not infact heard of this book, nor read anything of yours, yet it felt familiar,it was then that I researched to dicover this appears at least your first book..

This warmed me as I realised then that I was guided to "Waiting for Autumn" I was not only meant to read it but I was also on track.... Truth bumps :-)

Thankou, a true delight !!!

Maryanne
2009/09/08 08:44 AM

I just finished reading Waiting for Autumn and like everyone else I just loved it!! Was hard for me to put it down. The ending was great but was sorry that it ended. I wanted it to go on and on and on!!!

starbucksA
2009/07/28 07:48 AM

I loved this book. I smiled, cried , wondered.....many emotions arrose in me. It's been a long time since a book captured my soul in this way. Awesome Job!

Julie
2009/07/18 01:21 AM

Just finished reading Waiting for Autumn.I attend a weekly discussion/philosophy group and it was handed to me by a friend when the meeting ended. She said 'I think you'll enjoy this'. She was right. My youngest son had a car accident August last year and is still undergoing rehabilitation at a brain injury unit. The book gave me a lot of comfort.

Fabienne
2009/07/12 2:40 PM

Awesome Story...Read straight through, I just couldn't put the book down! I can't wait to read the next book.

Ken B.
2009/07/10 6:38 PM

Great reading! A warm, wonderful book with a fabulous ending ... I truly loved it!!

Kimberly
2009/07/08 6:56 PM

Waiting for Autumn is a great book. I read it in two days. I couldn't put it down. What a wonderful story.

Kathy V.
2009/07/05 4:17 PM

I absolutely loved this book and didn't want it to end. It was fabulously written and the ending was just awesome. I have had so many of the same experiences. It was like talking to a best friend. Fantastic job!

Deborah H Yemm
2009/05/19 2:03 PM

I devoured this book in only a couple of days. I loved the story. And I got truth bumps at one point (and it wasn't when they were talking about them - hint - it relates to the book's name).

This is a wonderful book for helping those who are experiencing aspects of the spirit world without assistance and for whom the experience is problematic. Just as it was for Scott.

I am recommending this book to my groups at Gaia. It is a worthwhile read, even if it is read only because it is well written spiritual literature.

I wish Summer's Path were available in a bound version. I don't own a Kindle.

Patricia Marsh
2009/05/14 11:30 AM

I loved this book it had such a powerful message of how we can lose ourselves on our path and with a little help we can reconnect with spirit. It was an emotional awakening for me reminded me of things that I have within myself and the potential that lies deep within.

Mark Jones
2009/04/25 11:56 PM

I pre-ordered Waiting For Autumn some time ago, and had forgotten about it so it was a surprise when it arrived.

I had just finished reading The Shack, where the protagonist of author William P. Young's novel meets God in person, and I thought it would be a long time before I found another book so fun to read. Once I started reading Scott's book I had a hard time putting it down.

I've always enjoyed Ashland where much of the story takes place, and many times drank the Lithia waters at the park. So, this story became more personal, and even more real to me.

I'm looking forward to returning to the park, and hope I see some dragonflies!

Laura Cade
2009/04/14 11:58 PM

As you begin "Waiting for Autumn", you may find it reminiscent of "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman as your not-so-typical old wise man takes a young wayward soul under his wing, but as the book progresses you will find that it is truly a world of its own.

A magical world at that for this rich journey will open up new doors for you in regards to the capacity of the human soul, if you allow it to do so. Like sitting in front of a fire, listening to the story being told by a warm, gentle old friend, this book will warm your soul not only with its profound messages and emotional awakenings, but also with its soothing energy and tone.

"Waiting for Autumn" is as spellbinding as it is calm, as revealing as it is reserved, and as poignant as it is subtle. How can one book have so many different aspects, so many different faces? Well, if you've ever delved deeply into the human soul, this question probably won't be too difficult to answer...

Displaying 21-40 of 46
Previous | Next

News | Books | Subscribe | Unsubscribe | Privacy | About | Discuss | Video | Resources | Contact